Safety We are all #CANCERFIGHTERS and we will continue to strive for our event to be a fun ride and not a race!
As we get closer to DCC VIII we wanted to make you aware of a few changes we will be making to our ride routes this year!
Click here to view this years safety improvements
Below are some noteworthy enhancements to the RIDE for the upcoming year!
- Heavy Police presence in Miami Beach. Miami Beach Police Department will be escorting riders through Miami Beach at a controlled pace.
- Slowing down overall pace to 22MPH to assist with group riding
- Strong emphasis on route safety
- Enhanced directional signage on route & in stadium
- Addition of middle pace cars back onto routes
- Strategically placing 10-15 support & gear vehicles along the routes
Below are some noteworthy enhancements to the 5K for the upcoming year!
We are all #CANCERFIGHTERS and we will continue to strive for our event to be a fun Ride/Run and not a race. However, new this year we will be partnering with MultiRace to time chip our runners and walkers for the event! This is the perfect opportunity for those who are training for an upcoming race or just looking to see how you would perform in a 5K to take advantage of this opportunity!
- Special Themed Segments along the route
- Kids 9 & Under admitted to Stadium Grounds & Kids Zone FREE
- No Zig Zagging through lanes
Finishing on the stadium grounds always provides an awesome experience for all of our participants! We are happy to be able to continue to use the field as our finish line making it special for each of our #CANCERFIGHTERS as they cross the finish line!
Additionally we will have FULL access to the stadium grounds this year! Making the route more scenic AND safer! No Pedestrian & Cycling Crossings will be present throughout the route.