About DCC Launched in 2010 as the signature initiative of the Miami Dolphins Foundation, the DCC is a way all of us can be cancer fighters! 100% of participant-raised funds goes to innovative cancer research at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. DCC participants have raised over $16.5 million dollars!
Launched in 2010 as the signature initiative of the Miami Dolphins Foundation, the DCC is a way all of us can be cancer fighters! 100% of participant-raised funds goes to innovative cancer research at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. DCC participants have raised over 22.5 millions dollars!
The Miami Dolphins are committed to fighting cancer. By changing our name to the Dolphins Cancer Challenge and adding new elements to the event, we are hoping to expand our reach by asking everyone in our community to be a cancer fighter and help us raise funds that go directly to fighting the disease.”
— Tom Garfinkel, Miami Dolphins President & CEO
Participants will enjoy VIP access to the concert and general access will be open to the public with proceeds from ticket sales also going to fight cancer. High-profile performers will be announced in the coming weeks when tickets go on sale.
Prior to DCC VIII, the Dolphins Cancer Challenge hosted two Fall Family Fests this past October, with the objective of growing fundraising participants for DCC VIII. The Fall Family Fest took place in two locations, on one day: Fort Lauderdale and Coral Gables. Children ages 3-16 were able to participate in a kids ride in a car-free, safe location with their families – from short loops up to 3-5 miles. Each event had activities for the entire family, including a kids zone with bounce houses, face painting, Dolphins Youth Programs activities and other entertainment.
The DCC is dedicated to improving people’s lives through the financial support of innovative cancer research at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- DCC I: November 2010, riders raised $533,000
- DCC II: November 2011, $1,070,000 was raised, more than doubling the funds raised in the 2010 inaugural ride.
- DCC III: November 2012, DCC doubled in ridership and in fundraising. The DCC presented a check for $2,200,000 to Sylvester
- DCC IV: November 2013, more than 2,500 riders raised $3.1 million for Sylvester
- DCC V: February 2015, 2,800 riders, runners and walkers raised $4.65 million
- DCC VI: February 20th, 2016. $5,064,381 was raised. 3,261 dedicated riders, runners, and walkers.
- DCC VII: February 11, 2017. $6+ Million Raised. 3,487 dedicated riders, runners and walkers.